Skip to main content

Part P Certification

Part P of the Building Regulations was introduced by Government in 2005. It affects all electrical work carried out in dwellings.

This demands that all Electricians who 'self certificate' must undergo an Annual Technical Assessment by a Government appointed agency to become a 'Competent Person'.

Persons who are not registered with Part P must notify the Local Authority Building Control Department for an inspector to examine their work and certify it. Failure to comply is a criminal offence and the Local Authority has the power to require the removal of the installation that does not comply.

Click here to learn more about Part P Certification

View Better Heating & Lighting's certification